DIY: LEAF x PLASTIC x DUCT TAPE 0817

By Kahtura Fernander - 8:16 PM

No really, I should name this one Dear Kahtura: I Dare you!




This DIY was one of my most difficult but favorite ones, simply because 1. I made it in The Bahamas and 2.Its real leaves!!...I mean of course along with some gold duct tape and plastic I found in my closet. This one was so interesting, documenting the process even became difficult. As I mentioned in the title, I used several plants, gold duct tape (with some clear tape as a cheat), and some plastic I found in my closet from one of my blankets. 

The night before my photo-shoot, I made the outfit, not thinking that the leaves would begin to die like they did (rolls eyes here). So funny, when I was done, I hung it on an actual clothes hanger and watered it like a plant like my 9 year old brother suggested. I think it worked...just a little. 

But thats not the final touch that made the outfit pop. My photographer Delton Barrett in The Bahamas decided to spray some of the oil that we used on my skin, on the leaves. It was magical! Him along with the help of my brother and sister made this one a major success, I'm so happy to be sharing.

But enough talking, Below are some images that will give you an idea of how and what I used to put this outfit together.













             







          










                                                         


Materials
Plants:
Banana Leaves: Shoulder Piece





Bromeliads: Shoulder Piece






Raphis Excelsa: Front Fan Detail










***Coconut Tree Limb: Prop


Other Materials
Plastic: Plastic Skirt

Duct Tape: Band of Top and Skirt






 






      Thanks for taking time out to visit my blog. This project was a one time crafty idea, I mean no harm to trees. Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe. Tell me what I should DIY my next outfit with 😉



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm loving the process for this. Such a great way for people to learn how to make anything with so little materials 💗

    ReplyDelete