STILL DOPE x HAIRCUT x PARIS part1

By Kahtura Fernander - 9:54 PM

Can I say this and mean it? There is no material thing in this world that can equal to my hair, but still I call it...."JUST HAIR!"...even with all its power.


My Hotel Room - Paris

If you keep up with my blog and the things I mention enough, you would realize my passion for striding the runway, and also the love and care I gave to my hair. One day I woke up and the two things I've always dreamed of hit me at once, Modeling A Fashion Runway in Paris and Being Brave Enough to Cut My Hair. When I say these are two things I could only dream of, I meant that!!! When the door opened for this dream to become a reality, I took it with full force. 

First was the Paris Fashion Week opportunity with Walk Fashion Show which came up in May 2017 (earlier this year) and took place October 1st 2017. I kept this secret to myself for all those months because this was something I wanted so bad and it was actually happening, But I will save that story for another post...

Next came what many call "the big chop". Never in my life had I imagined cutting my dreads after 12 years! I've always worried about my attachment to them, what would I look like? How else would I wear my hair? How to "do" hair?? Will everyone like it??

It was not until I began to grow as a person and wanted more out of life, more out of my architecture career, more out of helping and inspiring others, to grow more spiritually and mentally...it was then I began to realize that beauty was never what I thought it was. I remember when I was younger, one day someone walked up to me and said,



"You're only beautiful because you grew dreads and you will never be as pretty without them"


...I believed them. Society has labeled so many women by their hair and it was not so long until I realized I fell into that category.

But today I am strong and filled with inner beauty that shines through this melanin of mines. No matter how I wear my hair, I will still be beautiful Kahtura!

I have new life goals and objectives that pushes me way pass the societal beauty bar.

I have learned to let go and will continue to let go of the things that DOES NOT MATTER!

My Hotel Room - Paris

So the next time you think of asking her, "why did you cut your beautiful hair?" or saying "OMG but I loved your hair", embrace and congratulate her for being brave enough for taking such a bold beautiful leap in her life.

#KAHTURASOCIETY




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments